Here are the 5 things no-one tells you when you are getting started in business. Well actually I’ll tell you ….
1. Things will not go as you expect. That’s OK. That’s how you grow and succeed. Learn from the mistakes.
2. Get used to hearing “NO”. Remember JK Rowling was rejected multiple times before Harry Potter was accepted for publication.
3. You need to back yourself. Others won’t. As Jim Rohn says “We are the average of the 5 people we spend the most time with.” When you need to back yourself, it’s best to hang out with people who boost you up, not drag you down …
4. It’s important to be real and authentic. People can sniff out a fake at 100 paces. When you think about “why?” you are in business, then this is your true and authentic self. I find a dose of Simon Sinek helps to refocus my “why?” Here is Simon’s TED talk link.
5. Follow your instinct. Instinct usually knows best. There are lots of voices in your head. Never make a decision in the heat of the moment. If you can sleep on something and make big decisions the next day, this frees your instinct.
Many of you know that I am a member of a Mastermind group and I find this group of people are invaluable when it comes to helping me be a better business person. Daily I feel challenged by every one of these 5 things listed and many more….
Being part of a networking group, a Mastermind or an Accountability group is enormously helpful when you are getting started in business and as you grow your business. If you aren’t already in a Mastermind or Accountability group, I suggest looking out for one that will work for you.
What’s your biggest challenge? Looking at these 5, is it one of these? Or is it something else?
My guess is that you are here because you are curious about what it might be like to start a business?
Perhaps you’ve been wondering if you have what it takes? If your idea will work or even how much it actually costs to build a successful business?
I’ve written a book that can answer pretty much all your questions “So You Want to Start a Business” and you can download the first 20 pages at www.thestartupsteps.com
15 years of experience working with start up businesses are condensed into this book.
It’s your step by step guide to launch your business smarter and faster and I’m so excited to be sharing it with you and can’t wait to hear about your progress.
Are you ready to grab your excerpt? Click here www.thestartupsteps.com