The Corporate Wellness Magazine Winter 2010 edition has printed one of my articles as part of their Cover Story on Motivation.
The article includes my 3 step”don’t think so much” process for staying motivated and committed to what you have promised yourself. As an example
- Don’t think about it. Just do not think about it and allow yourself to do what needs to be done.
- If you do think about then immediately remind yourself of the benefits of what you are doing.
- Just start doing something, even if just a small part of the whole.
As an example, I exercise every morning.
- Don’t think about it: I lay out my clothes, shoes etc and when I wake, I’m up and dressed and out the door before I’m thinking “will I?” Everything to contribute to my being successful.
- Remember the benefits. If I start to think “warmer under the doona,cold outside” then I remind myself that “I will feel better after, I think more clearly all day, have more energy and only takes a few minutes to get warm”;
- Just start doing some thing. Maybe today I don’t go out for a walk/ run inthe cold and rain, rather put on the heater and do my yoga or Pllates dvd –just do something, and enjoy it !! It still contributes to health and well being.
For the full article in Corporate Wellness Magazine, see page 10: