Jack Tanasi says “The first month of lockdown, everyone else was playing Play Station. I decided I wanted to start an e-Commerce business – and that’s what I did. We sold out our first years’ worth of stock in one month!”
This Week on So You Want To Start A Business Podcast:
There are a few things that are truly exceptional about Jack Tanasi and here are just a few that stand out from this conversation/ interview:
* he started his e-Commerce store completely from scratch. He did not have a product, didn’t have a store. He created something from nothing
* during the early days of the enforced Melbourne lockdown – one of the longest lockdowns – Jack spent his time interviewing entrepreneurs who had started e-commerce brands “instead of playing Play Station like most people.” He asked questions and “was a total sponge soaking up all their information.”
* He tells of how he learned the most from the smallest of the 10 business owners he spoke with and it was a lot of the little things – that some of the bigger brands didn’t have issues with. This matters to a startup business.
This is so insightful – we look at the large companies for ideas and inspiration – and in fact small business is where many of our best lessons are.
* He talks about taking that 1 product and creating 7 different SKUs – so smart!
* Finding a name that he could have both here in Australia and across the globe – and that has not all been smooth sailing – there were some big challenges and fortunately that has all been sorted out. He tells us about it in this episode.
* He has a 3 days action plan and holds himself accountable to implement an idea within 3 days.
* Jack is big on Time Management and has fixed ways he organises his day and that how he gets so much done in a day, in a week, in a month.
* Feedback comes from customers and they pride themselves on a fast response. They fix problems quickly.
* He says: “Be a sponge, learn as much as you can – constantly”
I think you are going to really find this episode helpful and informative as you look to grow your business.
Connect with Jack Tanasi and Frenchie Wear:
If you want to listen on:
This is a terrific interview and I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Would you like to work with me ….?
Would you like to work with me directly to learn the financial framework I use for all of my clients?
Accelerate your Business Financial Confidence starts next month and is a 6 week program + 2 follow up sessions that tackles the 3 greatest challenges most business owners face when it comes to understanding how money works in their business.
So if you are sick of not making enough money, of not making a profit and of not paying yourself what you what you deserve … take a look at www.healthynumbers.com.au/money
NB: This is NOT a sales page – information and explanation of the Accelerate program
My guess is that you are here because you are a business owner and you want to increase your financial intelligence & business acumen so that you understand the business financial basics.
You want to have confident conversations when it comes to talking about money
You want to make business decisions based on data and facts
… so that ultimately you can build financial autonomy through business success.
I’m here to help you.
Everything I do in my business, every decision I make is based on this question:
Will this contribute to help you, my listener take the steps to create a successful, viable and robust business so you can achieve Financial Independence?
This is why I do what I do
There are 2 ways you can access all my best material:
Come join us in this FB Group: Healthy Numbers Profit Lab the community for business owners and entrepreneurs who want to build and grow a profitable business.
Read my book! It is a Business 101 and can answer pretty much all your business questions. It is your step by step guide to launching and growing your business smarter and faster.
“So You Want to Start a Business”
You can order your FREE copy right here – you only pay for postage and handling: http://bit.ly/ThatBook
It’s so exciting to be sharing it with you.
If you prefer the kindle Head over to Amazon